Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hello Everyone, my name is Natasha. I am a stay at home Mom who has three young boys. The oldest who is five is very energetic, very personable and he likes to talk, A-Lot. He is very smart and is good at expressing his feelings. It amazes me sometimes with the things that he comes up with, reality hits me and I think that my little first born is growing up---quick. 
Then there is my middle son who is three and is my "mini me". He is very opened up to those that he knows, but shy to strangers. He looks up to his older brother and does everything he does. There are moments however that he notices that his big brother is overwhelming him in his own personal bubble and wants to be left alone to play for a little while. He is very snugly and enjoys to be tickled. 
My youngest son is just seven months old and he is always smiley and enjoys to be held. Sometimes he likes to give me big slobbery baby kisses and pull on my very long hair in the process. However he makes me feel like there is no greater place to be except knowing that he is my baby and he loves his mama. 
Then of course there is my husband who I have been with for twelve years now. We have made quite the journey together and have gone through innumerable amount of trials together, but we have come out on the other side of them. The longer we have been together, the easier the marriage seems to be. We love to have coffee in the morning together, we love to take walks, take care of our children and go places. He likes to read, wrestle with the boys, and take walks through the woods. 
I in particular as a mother think about my life and think about the past, the present and the future. Everyday I get up, have my two cups of coffee and then start to automatically think about how my day is going to go. I was always a list formation person who needs order, well planned out days and to do things I enjoy before I loose my mind in the monotony of life. I love being a stay home mother, but that doesn't mean that it can't sometimes be testing, lonely, and feeling like sometimes it has no purpose. 
things like....
Laundry
Dishes...Both Biggies
The Toys Scattered Across the Entire House
THE BATHROOM?
All these things get done at some point and then ...somehow....Never completely done, or back to square one. I guess we all hear that saying "A mom's work is never finished" whoever wrote that knew the truth of it. OK so I listed some of the struggles but what about ......The POSITIVE things. 
Thinking POSITIVELY...I think being a stay at home mom is the most purposeful job that I could ever ask for. At the end when my little boys are grown up I can actually say "Wow! look at those Men that I got the opportunity to raise, teach, love on, and see the people that I am launching into this world. I may be a mother that has young kids and I know that there are people out there that have already gone through their child raising years, but it still doesn't stop me from being there for other moms more experienced or not. I love my boys. I can picture them when they are older coming over to visit with their future wives and children. I can just see myself- a grandmother-doing dishes and one of them comes up to me and wraps his big arms around me to give me a hug and says "I LOVE YOU MOM". That will let me know that all those hard years of dirty faces, crying episodes, wet beds in the middle of the night, sibling rivalry, and so on will all be missed and worth it. 
PURPOSE
That is a word that comes or will come to all human beings. My husband and I talk a lot about PURPOSE. I may be a mother of young children, but there is still always the question of..what other purpose in life do I have. Yes as a Christian we all know and have most likely heard that our purpose in life is to spread the Good News to all the world, raise Godly children, and love others as we love ourselves. Those are all important don't get me wrong, but what other things in life could potentially give us that extra purpose that we may have been looking for. 
Have you figured it out? 
Do you know? 
Are you asking yourself now what that might be? 
Are you thinking well the list that you just listed previously sounds like enough on my plate already...why would I need more?
Well I will tell you why. Because a lot of woman that I have run into who are older and there kids have moved out are wondering "What Now?" I have taking care of my children for so long and have guided them through and been there for them, and now...I'm not sure what to do next. The only reason I bring this up is because I get frustrated sometimes with the same chores that need to be done sometimes around the house, the constant patients I need to have as a mom and a wife. The constant ..wake up do the same thing..routine of life. I need something else to do, to like, to prepare me for when my young boys are grown and moved out. 
This is the reason for starting this blog on christianhomeschoolsupplies.com. I am going to homeschool my boys to the best of my ability. I myself went to public schools and I have just gotten into homeschooling but my husband and I would like to learn and provide for other homeschooller's who need help or want to give advice. I want this blog to take off and be a web of usefulness to other parents so we can all go through this homeschooling journey together. Hopefully along the way we can grow homeschooling out to those considering homeschooling as an option. I myself don't know much about computers but my husband has pushed me to give it a go (by the way I need the push) so that this website can take off and grow over the years. 
I look forward to hearing from others about my very first blog post ever......Ever.
Thank You:-) 
     


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any helpful comments or suggestions they will be well received.